A Landfill-Gas-To-Energy Project
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
Landfill Owner: Hamm, Inc.
Online Date: July 2017
Description: High-btu plant upgrading landfill gas to pipeline quality renewable natural gas.
Scope of Work:
- All planning, permitting, engineering, contracts and installation were completed by EPS
- Advance One Development (A1) built the complete gas collection system with over 150 gas collection points
- Advanced Biogas Systems (ABS) fabricated all of the gas processing equipment, interconnecting piping, and provided CO2 removal equipment utilizing Evonik membrane systems.
- Installed a 7.2 mile pipeline to interconnect with Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline
- Implemented an onsite and remote dial-up SCADA monitoring system
- RPP has a nameplate design processing of 4000 SCFM of raw landfill gas.
- Completed construction within 10 months after financial close
Noteworthy: Renewable Power Producers is selling its renewable natural gas for use in the vehicle fuel market. The project is expected to produce approximately 4.5 million gallons of renewable vehicle fuel annually