Developing A Cleaner Environment For Anson County, NC
Developing Greener Environments, Since 1991
Anson Gas Producers, LLC (AGP) is developing and constructing a Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) facility at the Anson Landfill. This project is designed to have a major positive environmental and community impact from the collection and utilization of the gas being generated from the landfill.
The primary constituent in landfill gas is Methane (just like in Natural Gas) and our facility will process that landfill gas into pipeline quality, RNG. Through the collection and processing of the landfill gas, these projects help mitigate odor, which is an issue common to landfills.
The facility will convert collected landfill gas daily to pipeline quality renewable gas that can be used in homes, industry, and transportation.
That is enough gas to heat an average 13,000* homes and reduce landfill gas emission an average 22 tons* of methane annually.
*EPA Greenhouse Gas Equivalencies Calculator
What We Are Seeking
- Permission to Survey your property to determine if this is a viable route for the pipeline – Click Here to See a Template
- If a route appears to be suitable on your property we will pay for an “Option” and sign an Option Agreement
- If we exercise our Option, we will sign a formal Easement Agreement
Annually This Project Would Be Equal To
The carbon sequestered by 237,850 acres of U.S. forests in 1 year
CO2 emissions from 586,328 barrels of oil consumed
CO2 emissions from 28,369,625 gallons of gasoline consumed
These are minimum projections based on 2,000 standard cubic feet per minute
Types Of Projects
As trash decomposes it generates gas. Landfill Gas consists of Methane, CO2, Oxygen, and other trace gases. Methane is the primary constituent and can be utilized just like Natural Gas!
There are four primary types of projects:
- Direct Use: Gas is piped directly to a customer – typically for a boiler, incinerator, or other Natural Gas Application. Requires Minimal Treatment. Also known as Medium-Btu.
- Power: Gas is utilized in a internal combustion engine or turbine to create electricity, which is then sold back to the local utility, grid, or a customer connected to the power grid.
- Renewable Natural Gas (RNG): Gas is extensively treated and injected back into the Natural Gas Pipeline Utility. Also know as High-Btu.
- Vehicle Fuel: Gas is compressed or liquified to use in vehicle applications
All of these projects meet Renewable Standards, generate qualified credits, and with environmental sustainability
Construction will begin in 2022 and end in 2023. Up to 100 workers per day will be employed during construction and support 150 new jobs in the area during construction. Normal operations will employ 4 highly skilled operators and support 6 new permanent jobs in the area.
The Development Team
The project will be performed by business units all residing under the Landfill Group LLC, a biogas-focused renewable energy company based in Charlotte, North Carolina. It was founded in 1991 has since been involved in more than 60 LFGTE projects.
- Values: family, trust, respect, responsibility, stewardship, and a commitment to excellence
- Vision: To be a company surrounded by people who embody our values and achieve our goals, is equitable, promotes purpose, and encourages our employees to create a meaningful quality of life
- Mission: Leave it better than you found it
Family Owned, Locally Operated
The Landfill Group has been family owned and operated since 1991 right here in North Carolina. If you have any questions, just reach out.
10600 Nations Ford Rd, Charlotte, NC 28273
Frequently Asked Questions
- 40’ construction easement
- 15’ permanent easement
- The term of the Easement is 30 years (with some mutual options to extend).
- Compensation will be based on the amount of area (length x width) required to cross your property
- It will be based on the Fair Market Value (FMV) of that property - which includes impacts on the use of the area (timber harvest, crop, etc)
- A fee will be paid at the execution of the Option, and if the Option is selected and an easement is executed additional fees will be paid at the start of construction, and completion of construction.
- Depth may vary based on the geographical conditions, but generally, it will be four feet deep (4’)
- 4.5” +/- steel line
- We will attempt to install our pipeline along property boundaries
- We can install our line in Roads or Fire Breaks (which we can build if needed)
- We will install appropriate drainage and erosion control measures.
- We will restore and revegetate the easement area upon completion.
- Standard vehicles, farm tractors, and farm equipment can drive along and cross the easement area.
- Agricultural practice should be able to resume in the easement area, so long as the plow depth remains safely shallower than the pipeline (note maintenance requirements below)
- Robust crossing points may be needed for commercial equipment (such as a skidder).
- We will need access to the pipeline for maintenance on as-needed bases.
- We will maintain the line annually (bush hog, clear debris, etc).
- This is an environmentally friendly and sustainable project for the community. The biggest benefits of supporting our project are: helping mitigate nuisance odors associated with the landfill, reducing greenhouse gases, and helping with sustainable energy independence in America.
- Anson Gas Producers is not a public utility. Anson Gas Producers does not have the right of Eminent Domain. This means that Anson Gas Producers cannot “take” your land. Any agreement between landowners and Anson Gas Producers must be negotiated between the landowner and Anson Gas Producers.
- There is no clear evidence that suggests a specific decrease or increase in the value of land that has a pipeline easement. You may already have a pipeline easement on your property if natural gas runs to your house or if county water runs to your house (called a utility easement). Anson Gas Producers will work with each landowner to ensure a minimum impact to their property, physically and financially, and the opportunity to use and generate revenue from their property. This includes farming, timber, recreational activities, livestock, and others.
Have other questions?
Please fill out the form below and we'll get back to you soon.